Friday, August 22, 2008

Dark Knight

Ok, all those glowing reviews are right. The Dark Knight is fantastic. And no, it's not too long. Of anyone, I think I should be a good judge of that since I had to sit in the second row and crane my neck upwards for three hours. I don"t have to tell you all how great Heath Ledger was as the Joker. You know. What I couldn't tell from the movie was this was the same guy in A Knight's Tale.

The movie opened last night in Germany, and the theaters were packed. Fortunately, they have English theaters here, so I could see it in it's full glory.

Beforehand, I went out to dinner and dessert with a couple girls from my program. Afterwards, we went out for a drink with a couple Germans who work for Reuters. They both happened to be alumni of this program, so it was fun to hear their insight on their experiences.

Lessons learned: Jack Nicholson who? No offense.

No comments: