Monday, August 25, 2008

Touring


I had a really nice weekend.

On Saturday, I road my bike for an hour each way to this church called Kaiser Wilhelm, which was bombed during World War II and still has the war wounds to show it. The weather actually cleared up in the afternoon, making for a really nice ride that doubled as sightseeing and exercise.

Ironically, the church I visited stands at the end of a large shopping district, so I got to curb my H&M cravings before riding back to meet friends, who were going out.

Sunday, I went to an open house at a large government building. I actually got to SEE German Chancellor Angela Merkel speak. Yes, I am not kidding you. Don't get jealous. I did a poor job of translating for Crystal, who was actually covering the event. The bad thing was, it was pouring rain and we were outside. So after it was over, I left Crystal to work and spent the afternoon in a cafe with a cup of hot chocolate.


Now I'm eating some of the dried fruit I bought at the entry of the church.

Lessons learned: All of the rest of Berlin wants to see Merkel too.

No comments: