Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yay for sunshine

Yesterday was the first day since I've been here that there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It actually stayed like that the whole day, which is a bit of a miracle. It was very pleasant to ride my bike to work, without that compulsive twitch I'm developing to grab for my rain jacket. It was hard to be in the office on a day like that, and I'm thinking next time (please let there be a next time), I will try to think up some story that requires me to get out and ride around. So far a lot of my stories are ones that require phone conversations, since my sources are often American. After I finished work, I rode around a bit and did some errands, trying to catch the last of the sun's rays while they lasted.

I sort of slipped into a mini-depression when I woke up to grey skies this morning, like a fifth-grader whose boyfriend just broke up with me. The sun is really a tease here.

Lesson learned: California has me spoiled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are spoiled in California with the sunshine. But we don't have the history or culture you're enjoying in Berlin. I saw a NY Times story about the chancellor speaking in Berlin and I told everyone "my daughter was there!!!" How cool!