Sunday, August 03, 2008

A match made in heaven


I think Amanda's wedding was one of the most beautiful that I've ever been to. So I'm a bit prejudiced, but it's hard to top an outdoor setting with views of the craggy peaks of Glacier Park as a backdrop. I got choked up the minute I got to the front to watch my dad give my sister away. The only thing that kept me in control was that I was about to sing a duet I had written for Amanda and Brad, and I really didn't want to do it with a runny nose. The song went well, despite the fact that the microphone's weren't working.





The reception was equally beautiful. Amanda seriously looked like a princess. I have to admit, I had my doubts about the band she hired, but they ended up being a lot of fun. Much to my dad's dismay, I caught her bouquet.

Lessons learned: All the stress is worth it.

No comments: