Monday, August 18, 2008

Serenaded


Tonight, I was walking home when I hear from music coming from the bridge near by where I live. I walked down there to check it out, and it was three-man bad, one on violin, one guitar player and a drum player. They had sat up in the middle of the street and drew quite a crowd.

I found out later the three guys were from Santa Barbara, California. Small world.


I sat there with Turkish fast food that I had picked up on my way home and watched them, as well as the people who watched them. Moms had brought their kids in strollers, who wriggled out to pick at the beer caps embedded in the mortar between the cobble stones. Students were lounging with their cigarettes. And homeless people spread out their blankets. It was cool to sit and listen to music as the sun set. Did I mention there was a unicycle involved?

Till the police came and told them they had to leave.


Lesson learned: The neighbors don't like music.

No comments: