Sunday, August 31, 2008

Night song

Every Sunday, there are free concerts at the Boden Museum in Mitte, the central district of Berlin. I missed the last time my friends went, choosing laziness over culture. So tonight I was determined to go. I was supposed to meet a couple people there, but they were wavering, so I went anyway. Fittingly, it was a pianist and a cello player, who serenaded us on in between the pillars of the museum. It was still warm at 9 p.m., so I sat in the back on a stone bench and listened, a little sad when they were finished.

Lesson learned: I miss my piano.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tonight I rented the movie "Copying Beethoven" about a young beautiful woman - conservatory student who takes a job with him copying his compositions. They are in Vienna and spend much of the movie sorking on the Ninth Symphony. All I could think of was you... You must love the music there.