Sunday, August 17, 2008

In da club


I had my first German clubbing experience on Saturday night. First I met some a couple of the other Americans in the fellowship for dinner at this bar called "White Trash." I ate the best veggie-burger I've ever had in my life. (Please don't judge me for eating American food. It's the first I've had since I've been here. :) We did some dancing at the club next store, which was this sort of cave-like place that played alternative music. Interesting. The other thing I learned, is when you order a beer here, you have to pay a deposit. They give you a pin, which you are supposed to keep track of the whole night and then give back to get your deposit. I can't even keep track of my keys in my apartment. I don't know how they keep hold of a little pin all night while drinking beer at a dimly lit club.

On the way home, a German girl and guy started talking to me on the subway. I broke every kindergarten lesson about strangers by letting me them convince me to come to a club they were on their way to. They insisted that I couldn't come to Berlin without going to "Weekend," which is on the top of a high-rise building and has a great view from the roof of the entire city. So yeah...I went. I wouldn't had it been two guys, but both were my age and who says Germans aren't friendly? Plus it is the best I was speaking German all week, which was refreshing.

They were right. It is a pretty amazing view with a roof-top bar. The club itself is down a spiral staircase, where guess what they played? Uh huh. Techno.

Lesson learned: It's not always bad to talk to strangers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.